Eastrea woman treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia due to fridge leak

PUBLISHED: 09:55 18 October 2018 | UPDATED: 09:55 18 October 2018

An Eastrea woman was treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia due to a fridge leak on Thursday October 18. Picture: FENLAND POLICING.

An Eastrea woman was treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia due to a fridge leak on Thursday October 18. Picture: FENLAND POLICING.

Archant

An Eastrea woman had to be treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia that leaked from a fridge.

Police officers along with a Cambs Fire and Rescue Service crew and a team of paramedics were called to the incident at just after midnight today (Thursday October 18).

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered a property and discovered an ammonia leak from a fridge which was then removed.

One person was treated at the scene by paramedics due to breathing in ammonia.

Ammonia is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen with the formula NH3.

The simplest pnictogen hydride, ammonia, is a colourless gas with a characteristic pungent smell.

More news stories

08:00

A new member was welcomed at the November meeting of the Wisbech Business & Professional Men’s Club.

Yesterday, 18:25

The chairman of new Brexit Secretary’s North East Cambridgeshire constituency association tonight welcomed his promotion – but in the same interview felt it was time for the prime minister to go.

Yesterday, 17:34

In recent years the pace of Steve Barclay’s acceleration from back bench MP has quickened.

Yesterday, 16:54

NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay is the next Brexit Secretary following the resignation of Dominic Raab who resigned on Tuesday.

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Wisbech Standard weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy