89 year-old Wimblington man may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning in own home

PUBLISHED: 16:37 15 April 2014 | UPDATED: 16:38 15 April 2014

Coroner's court

Coroner's court

Archant

An 89 year-old man who died at his home in Wimblington may have been killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

An inquest into the death of Frederick Beenham, of Norfolk Street, Wimblington, on April 7 has given a provisional cause of death of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The inquest was adjourned and will resume on September 17.

More news stories

Yesterday, 17:18

‘Houston we have a problem’ admitted county councillor Bill Hunt, vice chairman of the county council highways and community infrastructure, when he offered a public apology today for the number of potholes across Cambridgeshire.

Amey is claiming community support for its proposals to build a £200 million energy-from-waste plant on a 12 acre site at Waterbeach.

Yesterday, 18:37

Mayor James Palmer and his deputy, Councillor Charles Roberts, were debating tonight whether to press the Prime Minister to allow the Bayeux tapestry to go on display in Ely.

Yesterday, 15:13

Schools across East Cambridgeshire and Fenland will from today be able to apply for up to £25,000 to help some of their most disadvantaged pupils.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter