17 years in jail for man who sexually and physically abused four-year-old stepdaughter

12:17 03 April 2014

Archant

A man who sexually and physically abused his four-year-old stepdaughter has been jailed for 17 years.

The 31-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, bit her, leaving a full bite mark to her arm, and sexually assaulted her, causing serious internal injuries.

The man pleaded guilty to inflicting the bite at Cambridge Crown Court but denied the sexual assault.

He was found guilty of both offences following a two-week trial, during which the victim was cross examined and he opted not to give evidence.

He was arrested in August last year when her mother sought medical help for her daughter.

The victim was removed from her mother and placed into care, during which time she made disclosures about how her ‘Daddy’ had hurt her.

Detective Constable Juliet Heald said: “This was a difficult investigation due to the young age of the victim and the gross breach of trust involved.

“The offender showed no remorse whatsoever throughout his interviews, not even when he admitted to the bite mark.

“My thoughts are with the victim and her mother who should have been able to trust the offender. The sentence reflects the extreme level of force used and the serious injuries he caused.”

0 comments

More news stories

Wisbech Rock Festival 2015

A mobile phone, a set of house keys and a teddy bear were among items left by revellers at Sunday’s rock festival in Wisbech.

Jacqueline and Roger Delph on their wedding day.

The wife of an 88-year-old pensioner sent to prison after a loaded shotgun was found in his car today said she was seeking legal advice in a bid to free her husband.

11 minutes ago
Wood Green, The Animals Charity.  No such thing as 'teacup' pigs, says charity.

There is no such thing as a micro pig, says an animal charity, that is urging people to think twice before buying into the idea of getting themselves a mini porker.

12:48
Sanctury housing letter.

Weeks before they were promised their new homes would be ready, angry tenants have been told all bets are off and no date can now be given.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition today E-edition